La mejor receta de Alitas de Pollo
- 1 Zipper bag or 1 bowl and cling film.
- Wire rack
- Baking sheet
- Tongs, or spoon and fork
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 Serving dish
- 500g chicken wings divided in 3
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ lime juice
- 1 tbsp chinese 5 spices
- 1 tbsp ground garlic, curry and ginger
- 1 pinch of salt
- Baking powder to coat
- 1 tbsp of Tabasco (optional)
For reduction sauce
- 60ml water
- 30ml Modena vinegar
- <25ml soy sauce/li>
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
Prepare the marinade for the wings
Mix soy sauce, lime juice, spices, salt and Tabasco in a zipper bag or in a bowl. Toss it and introduce the wings. Mix well and leave it covered in the fridge for ½ hour or overnight.
Preheat oven to 205ºC and place a wire rack over a baking sheet.
Take the wings out of the marinade and reserve the liquid.
Sprinkle the wings with baking powder and transfer them to the wire rack. We only want a layer of them.
Bake them until chicken is golden and skin is crispy, 40-50 minutes, in the top of the oven, flipping the wings halfway though.
Prepare the reduction
In a saucepan whisk together the liquid of the marinade, water, Módena vinegar, soy sauce and brown sugar. Bring to simmer till it thickens, watching carefully because at the end it can burn.
Coat the wings with the sauce.
Cooking Safety Rules
- Always wash your hands before and after handling food.
- Always tie back long hair.
- Keep food preparation surfaces and cookware clean.
- Take your time and follow the recipe, one step at a time.
- Keep your hands away from your face and mouth while cooking.
- Always keep raw food away from cooked food. Never use the same utensils that you use for raw food with cooked food.
- Return perishable foods to the fridge or freezer as soon as possible after use.
- Wash fruit and vegetables under cold water before use.
- Always ask your coach before working with knives or going near hot things.
- Handle knives and other sharp equipment with extreme care.
- Use oven gloves when taking hot dishes from the oven.
- Clean up when you are finished